© Copyright, Maserati S.p.A., Modena, Italy. All rights reserved. The text, pictures, video files, audio files and artwork on the Maserati websites are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. The websites may also contain images to which copyright is attributable to third parties.
Reproduction or transmission, in whole or in part, of any material contained within the site is prohibited without the express prior written permission of Maserati S.p.A., Viale Ciro Menotti 322, 41100 MODENA, Italy, and in that case under the express condition that the source of the material is clearly stated.
Modification or redistribution of any such material to third parties in any form or by any means is also forbidden.
Maserati (logo or word) and the Trident (device) are registered trademarks of Maserati S.p.A.. These trademarks cannot be used, modified, downloaded, copied or distributed in any way or by any means in the absence of the express prior written permission of Maserati S.p.A., Viale Ciro Menotti 322, 41100 MODENA, Italy, and in this case under the express condition that this authorisation is clearly stated, and / or is a part of an authorised download, copy or transmission or material from this website.
All the illustrations and specifications contained in this website are based on the latest product information available at the time of posting. Australian and New Zealand content, specifications, and standard equipment may vary from the specifications given here. Maserati S.p.A reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, to any content, including, but not limited to, colours, materials, and equipment.
While Maserati S.p.A. endeavours to provide accurate information on this site, same may still contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Maserati S.p.A. does not assume any responsibility for any such inaccuracies, errors or omissions presented on the site.
Disclaimer on the use of personal data
For the intents and purposes of Italian Decree Law n. 196 of 30 June 2003, (Data Protection Law), kindly be informed that the personal data you voluntarily place at the disposal of Maserati S.p.A. (hereinafter also “the Company”), through its sales network or by other means, will be used in compliance with the relevant Italian and European regulations governing the protection of personal data, and in accordance with the principles of confidentiality central to all the Company's activities.
1. PURPOSES FOR WHICH THE DATA ARE USED
The personal data you make available to Maserati S.p.A., its subsidiaries and the Maserati sales network in Italy and abroad will be used: (a) for the organisation and holding of demonstrations and promotional and other events; (b) for the dispatch of informative and marketing material, including promotional material, advertising material and/or offers of goods and services by post, Internet, Telephone, Email, SMS and MMS from Italy and or abroad (including from non EU member states), by Maserati S.p.A. and its controlling, controlled and/or associate entities, or parties, individuals or organisations under contract to Maserati S.p.A. and/or which collaborate in the business of Maserati S.p.A. in any way; (c) for the production of statistical and market surveys and research, and for the analysis of consumers’ tastes, preferences, habits, needs and choices.
2. PROCEDURES FOR USE OF THE DATA
Your personal data will be used by means of suitable paper, electronic and/or IT media, by procedures appropriate to the purposes stated above, and in all cases in such a manner as to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
3. PROVISION OF THE DATA AND CONSEQUENCES OF ANY REFUSAL
It is up to you to decide whether to provide your data. However, should you refuse to provide your data and/or should the data you provide be inaccurate and /or incomplete:
- we may be unable to organise and hold demonstrations and promotional and other events;
- we may be unable to send you informative and marketing material, including promotional material, advertising material and/or offers of goods and services;
- it may be impossible for us to produce statistical and market surveys and research, or to analyse consumers’ tastes, preferences, habits, needs and choices.
4. COMMUNICATION OF DATA
Within the Company, your personal data may come to the knowledge of the shareholders, the members of the board of directors or other administrative body, the members of the board of auditors, the internal auditors and the company's personnel, especially employees of the Sales and Marketing Management, and the After-Sales Service, and, in general, the internal and/or external Data Trustees and the people appointed to use the personal data as part of their duties by Maserati S.p.A. Your personal data may be disclosed to subjects which supply Maserati S.p.A. with services useful for the above purposes, including (but not limited to) controlling, controlled and associate companies; individuals, organisations and/or companies which manage and/or contribute to the management and/or maintenance of our Internet sites and the electronic and/or computer tools we use; suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, banks and/or insurance companies, or controlling, controlled and/or associate companies; dealers, importers and other subjects which make up the Maserati sales network in Italy and abroad; subjects, organisations and/or companies which provide the Company with services relating to (i) the organisation and holding of promotional and other events and demonstrations; (ii) the dispatch of promotional and other informative and marketing material, advertising material and/or offers for goods and services; (iii) the production of statistical and market surveys and researches, and the analyses of consumers’ tastes, preferences, habits, needs and choices; consultants assisting the Company in various ways with special reference to legal, fiscal, welfare, accounting and organisational aspects; and any other subject to which the data have to be provided under specific legal requirements. Your personal data may be transferred abroad, in compliance with the relevant regulations, including to non-EU member states, wherever the Company pursues its interests.
5. DISCLOSURE OF DATA
Your personal data will not be disclosed, except for the authorised purposes detailed in point 1.
6. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
With regard to the aforesaid use of your personal data, you are entitled to exercise your rights as envisaged by art. 7 of Italian Legislative Decree n. 196 of 30 June 2003. For your convenience, the full text of this article is as follows: ITALIAN LEGISLATIVE DECREE No. 196 OF 30 JUNE 2003, art. 7 - right of access to personal data and other rights.
1. The data subject is entitled to obtain confirmation as to whether or not data relating to him are held, even if they have not yet been recorded, and the communication of the same in an intelligible form.
2. The data subject is entitled to obtain the following information: a) the origin of the personal data; b) the purposes and procedures of use of the data; c) the logic applied in case of electronic processing of the data; d) the identity of the data controller, the trustees and the representative designated under article 5, subsection 2; e) the subjects or categories of subjects to which the personal data may be provided or which may become aware of the same as designated representative, within the State, trustees or appointees.
3. The data subject is entitled to obtain: a) the updating, correction and, when this is in his interest, the integration of the data; b) the deletion, transformation into anonymous form or freezing of data used in breach of the law, including those the conservation of which is not necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently used; c) the certification that the amendment and deletion operations as per points a) and b) have been reported, also with regard to their contents, to those to whom the data have been communicated or distributed, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
7. DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA TRUSTEE
The data subject is entitled to oppose, completely or partially: a) the use of the personal data relating to him, for legitimate reasons, even if such use is relevant to the purposes for which they were collected; b) the use of personal data relating to him, in whole or in part, for the dispatch of advertising or mail order sales material, or for the performance of market research or business communications.
The data controller with regard to the personal data is Maserati S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Via Ciro Menotti 322. The Data Trustee on behalf of the company is the Human Resources Department, at the aforesaid registered office.
Any enquiry relating to the personal data used by the Company, including those concerning the exercise of the rights referred to above, may be sent to the Data Trustee at the registered office, by email to email@example.com or by fax to +39 02 57760060. The up-to-date list of Data Trustees is available from the Company and may be obtained by means of an enquiry submitted as detailed above.
Maserati considers your privacy to be of utmost importance and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of your personal information very seriously. We would like you to enjoy your visit to our web pages with your mind at ease.
In general, you may navigate our website anonymously. However, we do collect a limited amount of personal information such as your name, address or even your hobbies, etc. when you register to use the services provided on this site. Any such information, unless legally required, is securely stored in a database to which only authorized Maserati personnel and agents (marketing and advertising agencies), acting on its behalf have access.
Our aim is to constantly optimize the content of our website in order to improve our online service for you.This can only be achieved if we are aware of your expressed interests and which areas of our Internet pages are entered the most and for how long. This type of information may be used for marketing research, internal data processing such as compiling statistical information about the use of our website, and other service-related purposes such as sending brochures you request and staying in contact via email.
You are required to have a unique username and a password to access information in the reserved areas of the website. These areas allow you to receive newsletters and other information by email. If you advise us of any changes in your personal information through Modify Preferences (in the Maserati Owners section), we will make every effort to effect the relevant corrections in our database at the earliest opportunity.
You can update any information you have given to us at your convenience in Modify Preferences. You can also use Modify Preferences if you wish to be taken off our correspondence list.
Maserati utilizes personalization technology to observe the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. In doing this, we can provide Maseratisti with a richer and more individualized experience during future visits.
This technology includes using a "cookie", a small text file placed on your computers hard disk that identifies your browser software to a website. Cookies allow us to track when you enter, leave and re-enter our site and what route you take through our site. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information and only last the duration of your visit to our website. Their use is controlled and guided by our Confidentiality Policy.
We use your Internet Protocol (IP) address or the location of your computer on the Internet to help diagnose any problems with our servers and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our visitors as a whole. Demographic information does not include personally identifiable information.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy issues and security on Maserati com please do not hesitate to use the Contact Us link.
If you wish, you may write to us about any questions and concerns at:
Viale Ciro Menotti 322
The Principles govern the use of "personal information", which is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonable identifiable. It need not matter that the information is correct or not or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
In this document ‘Maserati’ refers to European Automotive Imports Pty Ltd (ABN 79 115 107 189).
European Automotive Imports Pty Ltd distributes and sells a range of vehicles and related products in Australia through its appointed dealer network.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected and held by Maserati about you, may include:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address;
- Your age;
- Your date of birth;
- Your address;
- Your preferred contact phone number
- Your email address;
- Your occupation;
- Your drivers licence number;
- Your drivers licence state;
- Your ABN;
- Your purchase details;
- warranty and service transaction information provided by our dealer network, affiliates or third parties;
- Your employment application information; and
- any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, in some circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Maserati collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS) or in documents;
- directly from you, via our internet site (requests for information);
- from our dealer network when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired;
- from your agents or representatives who act on your behalf;
- from competition entry forms or at our promotional activities or sponsored events;
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
- from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
- from marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- from industry databases;
- from publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and
- from law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies.
We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser.
We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you.In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide and market our products and services and products and those of our related companies and dealerships (whether directly or through our related companies and dealerships);
- communicate to you in relation to our products, services and our promotional activities;
- purchase from you;
- support your purchase through warranty and roadside assistance (whether directly or through our dealerships);
- comply with our legal obligations (ie. in the event of a vehicle safety recall);
- monitor our performance and to help us manage our services;
- identify and contact individuals who do business with us;
- train our employees, agents, dealers and representatives;
- conduct customer and market research and analytics to improve the quality of our products and services;
- assess and process employment applications and manage employment issues; and
- handle complaints and disputes; and detect, investigating and preventing fraud.
We may contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email or SMS.
We will not direct market to you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. If you do not want to receive such offers from us or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related entities or dealerships for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us using our contact details provided below.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Maserati.
These organisations may include:
- our appointed dealers;
- outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including:
- roadside assistance
- customer research
- financial services and insurance
- mailing systems and direct marketing; and
- market research;
- government, regularity, law enforcement authorities, organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related bodies corporate;
- the agent(s) of any of those entities referred to above;
- your employer (where applicable); and
- our advisors (including legal and accounting advisors).
Those entities are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
Our related entities and some of our service providers (including information technology service providers) may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by Maserati may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time, but may include Italy, France, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, Singapore and United Arab Emirates.
How we hold and store your personal information
Maserati may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers or dealerships, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you.
Maserati will store your personal information in a secure environment. It's protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Maserati takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and in some circumstances, we may need to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, update your personal information, opt out of direct marketing, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:
MASERATI AUSTRALIA PRIVACY OFFICER
European Automotive Imports Pty Ltd
862 - 874 Elizabeth Street Waterloo NSW 2017
Locked Bag 5018, Alexandria NSW 2015
Tel: +61 2 8577 8077
Fax: +61 2 8577 8079
Making a Complaint
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint. We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints resolution process.
Changes to the Statement