The course is based on 2 days, held during the preliminary Maserati Trofeo test sessions, and includes:
a) Theory sessions aimed at preparing entrants for all aspects of a race (Total 4 hours):
- Driving technique: driving position, track lines, weight distribution, braking, acceleration, driving on wet
- Vehicle dynamics: technical and functional characteristics, setting up the suspension, camber angles and wheel height, aerodynamic concepts
- Regulations: pre-race preparation, flags and race procedure, starting procedure, the safety car, driver equipment (how to use the helmet/HANS)
- Precautions to take after accidents: emergency pre/post accident manoeuvres, what to do in cases of fire
- Overtaking: preparation, attack, defence, contact consequences
b) Dynamic sessions, defined as Warm up – Performance - Race (Total 8 hours).
The programme is based on chrono sessions on the track, integrated with personalised telemetry analysis, which allow participants to gradually improve their technical ability by becoming more familiar with the car and learning to sense its dynamic limits.
The Maserati Trofeo Racing Academy can be completed with a specific test that allows drivers to race with cars over 2.000cc, as required by the NSA (CSAI) for competing in the Maserati Trofeo.